Ben Royston Online Marketing Articles
Ben Royston has 20 years experienced as a published online author, journalist and copywriter. He has worked for large multi-national companies, small businesses, charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Online marketing communications and copywriting is an artform in itself. Writing articles that are easily read and understood by readers and provide accurate, informative advice whilst writing for search engines’ robotic algorithms requires a unique skill to combine two different styles and languages into one cohesive read.
Today, Ben Royston writes about online marketing, communications and tips for small businesses and not-for-profit organisations to help them achieve marketing success through online communications.
Here are some of Ben Royston’s online marketing and communications articles:
- 3 simple ways to make sure your blog is boosting your search engine rankingsWe were recently asked to investigate why, despite setting up a wide range of social media platforms including Twitter, a YouTube channel, Instagram and a Facebook Page and a regularly updated well written blog, a new client’s website was seeing no benefit in terms of its Google Ranking. In… ... read more
- 5 simple tips for social media success for small businessSocial media can be an incredibly effective tool for small business to win new business and develop their brand identity. The trick of social media success for small business is to use it wisely, stick to the basics as you get to know your audience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress… ... read more
- Sainsbury’s Sports Marketing Mess drops ball to Bristol Small BusinessSainsbury’s continues to shake up its marketing structure amid further damage to it’s reputation with British and Bristol sports fans. After the hugely damaging decision to pull out of the deal agreed with Bristol Rovers Football Club to purchase the Memorial Ground, the supermarket giant has activated a ‘get out clause’,… ... read more
- Marketing Communications – power to the Small BusinessA simple look at the UK economy is all you need to see that small business can compete with market leaders and large international companies. Marketing Communications has for centuries been key for small businesses to compete as underdogs and succeed in winning business and increasing profits against the threat… ... read more
- Social Media Platform Instagram helps raise awareness for World Breastfeeding WeekInstagram inadvertently drew a huge amount of attention to the World Breastfeeding Week campaign this week. The fast-growing social media photography platform banned the account of Melissa Jean Wilbraham, a childbirth and breastfeeding photographer from Queensland, Australia. The deletion of the MelissaJeanBabies Instagram page, which has more than 24,000 followers… ... read more
- Supporting an awareness day through your small businessToday is Global Tiger Day. An increasing number of charities and not-for-profit organisations are launching or participating in awareness days to improve awareness about the causes that they work to promote. They are becoming increasingly prominent through effective social media campaigns and can deliver a huge amount of publicity for… ... read more
- Supporting awareness days through your small businessAwareness Campaigns Today is Global Tiger Day. An increasing number of charities and not-for-profit organisations are launching or participating in awareness days to improve awareness about the causes that they work to promote. They are becoming increasingly prominent through effective social media campaigns and can deliver a huge amount of… ... read more
- Bucks Fizz launch Bristol Eurovision JourneyCould a Bristol Eurovision Song Contest ever happen? The city stepped up its credentials to become a Eurovision city yesterday as Bucks Fizz and Nicki French led the United Kingdom Eurovision Song Contest alumni and Fridrik Omar from Iceland’s Euroband joined them in performing at Bristol Pride. Euroband finished 6th… ... read more
- How well do small businesses in Bristol understand customer social media habits on Facebook and Twitter?Understanding how customers use and what they share on Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus is vital if your marketing plans include online marketing. If you take the time to understand sharing habits, your online marketing plans will benefit and take on a life of their… ... read more
- Facebook to introduce virtual reality digital content videos in NewsfeedFacebook are set to take a giant leap into virtual reality with the launch of Facebook Newsfeed spherical video. This opens up a new level of interaction for social media users and could see a new marketing service stream as well as increased work for video and digital content production… ... read more
- How we help Small Businesses in Bristol Grow OnlineFirst steps in Social Media for Small Business For many small businesses that we meet around Bristol, they have set up a Facebook page, Twitter account and have LinkedIn membership. They know they need a website or have one set up already. They always want their small business website to… ... read more
- How creative digital content enables success for UK small business and local businessIn the days before Google, directories, listings and forums were the means to find brand-new content on the fast-growing web, finding information about an area you were working in came from magazines and often required subscriptions to trade journals and research centres. For small businesses and local businesses, the threat… ... read more
- Do you need a small business website upgrade? 4 questions to find outFor many small businesses or businesses that function primarily offline, updating a website can seem a costly extravagance in what remains an economic time of austerity. Yet we are also in the digital age, and your website is used in much the same way a business card used to be.… ... read more
- 8 myths about SEM and SEO for Small BusinessSearch Engine Marketing (SEM) is a wide-reaching phrase that refers to marketing your website on Google, Yahoo and other search engines through paid and organic results. It comprises of search engine optimisation – better known as SEO – and pay per click advertising techniques that work together to help your… ... read more
- Social Media Exchange Helps Marketing Goal Delivery for Third Sector Organisation and Charity ClientsThe 2015 Social Media Exchange (#SMEX15) focussed on ‘Being The Story’. It took place on Monday 9th February 2015 at Resource For London Islington and is run by leading third sector and charity focussed SoundDelivery – an award winning agency at the forefront of training and consultancy for organisations looking… ... read more