Journalist and Author
Benny Royston – Journalist and Author
Benny Royston is a published author and journalist. He has written three official books on the Eurovision Song Contest (under the name Barry Viniker) and has contributing many thousands of articles, columns and news covering music, entertainment, politics and current affairs.
Benny Royston wrote the copy for three official Eurovision Song Contest books between 2006-2008. The Official Fan Book included information about all of the year’s participants, including biographies, trivia knowledge as well as information about the previous year’s results and the year’s Eurovision Song Contest host city.
His knowledge about the Eurovision Song Contest makes him an important source of information for many journalists and he is often invited to speak on television and radio as well as comment on stories in the national and international print and online media.
Read Benny Royston’s Latest Online Articles Here
- Tonight: Watch 25 of the 2018 Eurovision entrants perform live at Israel CallingIsrael’s hosting a huge Eurovision party tonightTonight, 25 of the 43 Eurovision Song Contest entrants will take to a huge stage in Rabin Square to perform their entries at Israel Calling. And thanks to an HD live stream on the official Facebook page, you can watch the show live at… ... read more
- Eurovision second favourites Estonia could be sunk by financial troubleElina is second favourite to take the Eurovision 2018 trophy (Picture: Eurovision.tv)Estonia is the second favourite to win the Eurovision Song Contest with Elina Nechayeva’s pop-opera entry La Forza. She has the most powerful voice of the entry could be in trouble due to a lack of financial power. … ... read more
- Check out the brilliant 7th Heaven Remix of SuRie’s Eurovision entry StormSuRie got herself a remix (Picture: BBC)SuRie couldn’t have said it any better. The Eurovision Song Contest is just one month away and as Eurovision promotion season hits it’s peak, a big club remix is just what the United Kingdom needs. For the second year running, 7th Heaven Productions have… ... read more
- Problems for Russia’s Eurovision entry I Won’t Break during its first live performanceYulia Samoylova gave her first live performance of Eurovision entry I Won’t Break in Moscow (Picture: Eurovision.tv)Concerns for Russia’s 100% qualification record from the Eurovision Song Contest semi finals grew after a car crash first live performance of the Russian entry at the Moscow Eurovision Pre-Party. Whilst 32 of the… ... read more
- Bones in the flesh lifts Bulgaria’s Equinox into Eurovision contention againBulgaria’s Equinox are tipped to do great things at Eurovision 2018Bulgaria will be one of the countries to watch for the third year running at the Eurovision Song Contest. Their 2018 entry, The Equinox Project has been especially put together with the aim of capturing the Eurovision Song Contest crown… ... read more
- Bulgaria, Australia and Denmark entries in Eurovision contention at London Eurovision PartyJessica Mauboy’s chances of winning Eurovision have been given a major boost from the London Eurovision party (Picture: Getty Images)Eurovision odds have shifted again this week as the London Eurovision Party took place this week at Café De Paris. The event, one of the biggest nights in the Eurovision calendar,… ... read more
- The winners and losers from the Eurovision 2018 second semi-final running orderWho could benefit from their position in the second Eurovision semi-final – and who could be making an early exit?Sweden, Australia, Norway and Ukraine will feel their chances of qualifying for the Eurovision Song Contest have been boosted by the second semi final running order draw. Romania, Serbia and Russia… ... read more
- The winners and losers from the Eurovision 2018 First semi-final running order announcementWho are the big winners and losers from the running order of the first Eurovision semi-final?Israel, Ireland and Finland will feel their chances of reaching the Eurovision Song Contest final have improved after today’s announcement of the semi final running order. Czech Republic, Belgium and Belarus however will face a… ... read more
- Eurovision reveals the top 10 most watched 2018 entries for March – Macedonia rising but Israel still on topNetherlands, FYR Macedonia, Israel, Spain, Bulgaria and Norway are all proving popular with Eurovision fans on YouTubeAs the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest approaches and the promotion season reaches its peak in the next two weeks, the official Eurovision YouTube Channel has revealed the 10 most watched videos for the month… ... read more
- It’s Crazy to suggest Croatia’s Eurovision 2018 entry is plagiarisedFranka’s song Crazy will represent Croatia at the contest in Lisbon (Picture: HRT)It wouldn’t be Eurovision without a plagiarism controversy, and this year, the dubious honour has gone to Croatia’s Franka and her entry Crazy. A potential scandal emerged this week when a second track, released two weeks before the… ... read more
- As Celine Dion turns 50, relive her Eurovision glory – that led to the UK’s defeatCeline Dion turns the big 5-0 today (Picture: Getty)Celine Dion, the global superstar, music icon and former Eurovision Song Contest winner turns 50 today. She’s had a glittering career, winning 5 Grammy Awards, Juno Awards, and a Brit Award; and racking a total of more than nine years in the… ... read more
- Eurovision 2018: Israel set to host biggest ever Preview Party and SuRie will be thereIsrael is the bookies favourite to with the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest and with hopes of victory high, Tel Aviv is gearing up for the largest ever pre-Eurovision Song Contest promotion event. The stage construction has already begun in the centre of Tel Aviv, with thousands of people expected… ... read more
- Eurovision 2018: BBC adds Rylan Clark-Neal to the commentary teamRylan Clark-Neal is joining the BBC’s Eurovision team (Picture: WENN)The BBC has announced the Rylan Clark-Neal will join Scott Mills as co-commentator for the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest semi finals. Rylan was a special guest panellist at Eurovision: You Decide and was lauded for his Eurovision knowledge and understanding of… ... read more
- Eurovision 2018: Zhana recovery adds Bones to Bulgaria’s chancesEquinox are hoping to bring some Eurovision success to Bulgaria with BonesEquinox will represent Bulgaria at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest with Bones. The dark electro-pop styled entry is tipped for success at this year’s competition for last year’s second placed nation. One of the band members knows all about… ... read more
- Tributes flood in for the First Lady of Eurovision Lys AssiaLys Assia was the first lady of Eurovision (Picture: Rex Shutterstock)Lys Assia, the first winner of the Eurovision Song Contest in 1956, passed away in Zurich this weekend. Tributes for one of Eurovision’s greatest names and a life-long ambassador for the competition have been flooding in from around the world. Fans… ... read more